EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Official start date: January 25, 2016.
Official end date: November 1, 2016
Though the official experiment has ended, you can still listen to the meditations on your own!
Together with USC Neuroradiology/Neuroimaging, we completed an accredited study measuring the change in brain size and improvement of golfers over a 12 week period. The study took place between January 25 - November 1, 2016 and tracked each player's mental and physical training. It was our suspicion that no matter what skill level the golfer came into the study at, their performance would radically improve after using our mental training techniques. To find out the results, you'll have to watch the film!
Over the 12 weeks, each participant received an email with a link to a new guided meditation (available here). Each recording is about 30 minutes long and is still available through our private SoundCloud or MixCloud pages. Participants were asked to listen to this meditation 5 times a week until the new one was available. Participants could also alternate with previous meditations during the week, depending on individual preference.
Our scorecards (available here) were our system of understanding how participants felt about each shots. They were completed a minimum of once a week (for a full 18 hole round). The scorecards take into account two things: Shot Quality (Q) and your level of Focus (F) during the shot.
- Q = impact, sensation, and actual ball flight. Q is not the end result of the shot, but if it was the shot you intended to hit.
- F = were you free to focus on the swing, or was your mind cluttered or thinking negatively?
- Rate these two categories for each shot on a scale of 1-5 (5 Best).
FOR CURRENT AND PAST PARTICIPANTS ONLY:
- A video of our main experts introducing the experiment to a crowd of 200+
- A video of Erik explaining the importance of self-confidence and belief as he debuts his vision board